You only get one chance at this life, so live it to the fullest. Don’t wast your time worrying about what anyone might say, or could possibly think about you-these are things you cannot control. If there is one guaranteed way to throw you life away it is to live it based on the potential of someone else’s disapproval. Do what you love, do what makes you happy, and never back down.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.”
My personal philosophy is a work in progress, but mostly it comes down to I believe that everybody deserves a better chance at life, and that life is better with skill.
With that in mind, I have a simple set of guiding principles:
- Life’s not a spectator’s sport.
- Absorb what’s useful; reject the rest.
- It’s not what’s on your plate, it’s how you eat it.
- Don’t take life too seriously, or you’ll never get out alive.
- Success is a journey, not a destination.
- Live more, laugh more, learn more, love more.
- Roll with the punches.
- Whatever doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger.
- If you fall down, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, carry the lessons forward.
- Don’t seek to be better than others; seek to be better than yourself.