You only get one chance at this life, so live it to the fullest. Don’t wast your time worrying about what anyone might say, or could possibly think about you-these are things you cannot control. If there is one guaranteed way to throw you life away it is to live it based on the potential of someone else’s disapproval. Do what you love, do what makes you happy, and never back down.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.”
My personal philosophy is a work in progress, but mostly it comes down to I believe that everybody deserves a better chance at life, and that life is better with skill.
With that in mind, I have a simple set of guiding principles:
- Life’s not a spectator’s sport.
- Absorb what’s useful; reject the rest.
- It’s not what’s on your plate, it’s how you eat it.
- Don’t take life too seriously, or you’ll never get out alive.
- Success is a journey, not a destination.
- Live more, laugh more, learn more, love more.
- Roll with the punches.
- Whatever doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger.
- If you fall down, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, carry the lessons forward.
- Don’t seek to be better than others; seek to be better than yourself.
- Analytical thinking and innovation
- Active learning and learning strategies
- Creativity, originality and initiative
- Technology design and programming
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Complex problem solving
- Leadership and social influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Reasoning, problem-solving and ideation
- Systems analysis and evaluation
- Manual dexterity, endurance and precision
- Memory, verbal, auditory and spatial abilities
- Management of financial, material resources
- Technology installation and maintenance
- Reading, writing, math and active listening
- Management of personnel
- Quality control and safety awareness
- Coordination and time management
- Visual, auditory and speech abilities
- Technology use, monitoring and control
The world is waiting for you! Behind the masses of those that wish to watch you lead a quiet and sedentary life is an open, unlined canvas. I urge you to take a chance, to push past barriers of negativity and oppression of self fulfillment and paint the picture of who YOU want to be. Never let yourself be beat down for living your life by those too afraid to live their own. There is a difference between risking your life and taking a risk at having one. I know which side I would rather be on, do you?